Sunday, March 25, 2012

Play Dough VS Bread

Aaaaages ago, I made some of that no-knead bread ... and it was awesome. Now that I have more time on my hands, a house, and the weather is cooling nicely into Autumn I thought I might use the left over flour and give it a go ... Alot of the recipes I read before said  to use bread flour or strong flour ... last time I just used what I had in the cupboard ... So we'll see what happens! I have to of course wait until the morning before I can play with it some more!

Here's the link:

http://www.thekitchn.com/noknead-bread-i-35556

A colleague of mine did alot of bread making with her nursery children. They loved it. In fact, the whole centre smelled amazing with fresh bread! My children hovered like a flock of starving seagulls! So, my colleague kindly made bread with my guys which they of course wolfed down.

I had this dream a LONG time ago, where I thought it would be lovely to have a small "boutique" style service where you could bake bread daily with the children ... Where the children assisted in the preparation of their own meals, or at least the morning and afternoon teas. This didn't come to fruition .. it remains a dream that one day I'd like to see a reality.

Until then, I'm baking my own bread!

T.ink

No comments:

Post a Comment